Honey In The Nose!

So I suffer from chronic sinus infections because my sinuses are breaking down due to the autoimmunity. Well, I'm sick of going to the doctor to get antibiotics and getting a little better, then worse, and then little better, then worse.

So since I do the sinus wash, and because I found honey (natural antibiotic) helps injuries and my throat when I'm sick, I put two and two together.

I dripped honey in the bottle, warmed the water and wash, and squirted it up there.

I'm going to see if it helps. So far, my sinuses and nose aren't hurting. They haven't bled. I haven't felt like blowing the heck out of them either.

I figured it couldn't hurt.

I know it's not 100% POTS related but I know some of you have chronic infections, too, right? XD

The alcohol is still helping. >.>'

I'm ordering a water with every diet coke I get in a restuarant, because I have to have water with coke now. XD

I'm learning to live with this. It's a daily process.

Honey? Pretty cool, especially if you get a rumble in your tummy, Pooh Bear :blink: .

I also have chronic sinusitis. I'm using a neti pot daily- (started twice daily) & putting something called Wilson's solution in it. It's a prescription antibiotic in a saline solution. Very effective cause it gets directly to where the infection is. It was REALLY painful at first, but as the infection has subsided it's fairly non-eventful. I have some interesting things come out now & then, but overall, I'm sniffling a lot less and my sinus infection has been much improved.

Let us know how it goes. Consider the Wilson's solution if it gets too sticky :unsure:

Julie