Iuds? Yse? No? Experiences.

My GYN is pushing for me to get an IUD because I did fertility testing and my egg count is high. She doesn't want me to end up pregnant when my cardiologist said I really shouldn't be/ couldn't handle it for about 3 years. (I had open heart surgery from clots from a complication from a port 4 months ago....ain't it grand) I am doing shockingly well recovering but I really don't know if an IUD is a good idea. My body rejected a port...why not an IUD. I was on Nuva Ring for about 5 years. 3 years without POTS. I then got sick and it was still alright. My cardiologist forced me to stop is because of the hypo coagulation concern. Turns out that was brilliant. My GYN said if he (cardio) will let me she would like me on Mirana. My PCP agrees. If I can't do that then Para guard. I really would like to hear some opinions and experiences. I've heard a REALLY bad one. and 2 good ones from friends and family...none of them have POTS. any comment is helpful!

~nancy

I think it's worth a shot-you can always have it removed if it doesn't agree with you.

And I would agree it beats getting pregnant at this point so I would give you the green light.

Never had one was seriously considering it, had asked my doctor about the copper T.

They didn't have any in stock would have had to order it in for me and then set up an appointment during menstration he said was when he liked to insert it due to the cervix being open. He actually said it was a good option they were getting rid of the depoprovera? shot there in his office because they are finding it causes bone loss in women.

Didn't have to go through with it husband got the V.

We just used condoms until that happened.

lieze

I tried Mirena for a year and just got it out. It just was not for me. My weight stayed steady for the last 7-8 years and shot up almost 40 pounds within four months of Mirena going in. And I had no other lifestyle changes and was eating MORE healthy.

I also had cystic acne I had to go to the dermatologist for. This was not normal for me.

Otherwise, I liked the convenience, not having a period, pretty steady hormonal feeling, etc. So it had its good sides.

But...the weight gain was too much for me. Eating less, doing a bit more activity, & eating healthier wouldn't drop a pound and I felt bloated. Now I'm less 'bloated' after having it out a week and back on the pill.

You can, of course, Google it and it really varies by person. If your doctors are comfortable with you trying it, at least it comes out if you hate it! Easily, too!

I haven't tried it, but it is what my GYN recommended to me based on my menstruation and POTS. I am not currently on birth control to prevent pregnancy, but am and have been on it for the most part since I was 17 because of irregular cycles. I have gone off several times to see if my own cycle has/can regulate itself but it never has. Without birth control I often have a month long period with a one week break. Even on birth control pills I sometimes spot for several weeks. The GYN said that the mirena would be good at controlling blood loss and hormonally related POTs symptoms by lessening hormone fluctuation and hopefully limiting or eliminating periods with the fewest side effects. However, my insurance wouldn't cover it because although the docs felt it was the best method for me medically, it isn't "medically necessary" by their definition. I have failed on multiple birth control pills and the nuva ring and paying $800+ dollars for mirena out of pocket would be heartbreaking (and bank breaking) if it was incompatible with my body too. I have never had real side effects with a pill, but I have tried a couple where I bled almost constantly on them.