More Trouble With My Email Being Hacked!

janiedelite

First, I want to apologize to the volunteers I've been trying to check in with via email. I never heard back from you, and sent some of you multiple requests to check in. Apparently, the hacker who broke into my hotmail account and changed my password, erased my inbox and contacts, has now been diverting any email you send as a reply (from me) to their own special fraudulent email account. This email account looks just like my original email account, but it has an extra "a" added just before the "@" symbol.

The original hacking occurred six weeks ago and I was able to access my old email and change the password. I thought this was sufficient. :(

I discovered that this was occuring when I sent my hubby an email this morning and he replied but I never got the reply because it was diverted into the hackers email. Then the hacker actually replied to him with a message like I would never write!

So please, any of you who replied to the fraudulent hacker, run spyware on your computer because who know what was sent to you!

Again, I'm so sorry and I hope this doesn't cause any of you precious DINET volunteers undue stress. I sent you all an email today from my new hotmail account with the subject line notifying you that my email has been changed. If you receive anything from my old email address, it wasn't sent from me..... :blink::angry::angry::angry::angry:

When I became aware that my email was hacked and told my contacts, my aunt decided to give the hacker a piece of her mind on my behalf! :huh: She had received email from the hacker's fraudulent account and replied to it, telling this low-life what she thought! :lol: So the hacker then replied to her with a horrible virus that crashed her entire computer :blink::blink::blink::( !

When I became aware that my email was hacked and told my contacts, my aunt decided to give the hacker a piece of her mind on my behalf! :huh: She had received email from the hacker's fraudulent account and replied to it, telling this low-life what she thought! :lol: So the hacker then replied to her with a horrible virus that crashed her entire computer :blink::blink::blink::( !

Oh my goodness! Lesson learned. Never talk to a hacker over your email!

So sorry that the email hacking nightmare continued for you. Thanks for letting us know. I've deleted your old email address from my address book.

...the hacker then replied to her with a horrible virus that crashed her entire computer...

http://www.cybercrime.gov/reporting.htm

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

If this hacker is stupid enough to do that, then a skilled person might be able to provoke the response again under controlled circumstance and document specifics or glean more info as to who/where they are. Not always fruitful, but worth a shot.

If this hacker is stupid enough to do that, then a skilled person might be able to provoke the response again under controlled circumstance and document specifics or glean more info as to who/where they are. Not always fruitful, but worth a shot.

Thanks, Erik. I did file a complaint on that website, but I'm too nervous about trying what you suggested! I'm just trying to get away relatively unscathed!