Mirena Removed - Back On Birth Control Pill To Regulate Cycle And Estrogen Seems To Help?

My Mirena just made me bloated, have cystic acne, and I feel it contributed to my weight gain. I gave it a year and it was not a good fit for me. I liked some aspects of it, so it is unfortunate that the acne/weight gain were deal breakers.

I used to take Seasonique (4 cycles a year), but the Doctor only had a sample of LoSeasonique (same hormones with a bit lower dose). I've started it today and was wondering if anyone ever switched birth control like this - I am hoping my body doesn't overly freak out.

Does anyone know if my body was producing its own estrogen on the Mirena? It supposedly just had local-release of the Progesterone hormone that wasn't systemic. I wonder about that because I told the Doctor how sensitive I can be to certain medications and she didn't know, but if I am sensitive if it's not working it should come out. I'm supposed to let her know if I start losing weight/feeling less bloated.

Maybe my body liked the Estrogen on Seasonique and not the Progesterone-only IUD? You all understand how strange our bodies can react.

I feel like I'm getting old for BCP (early 30s)...but I also feel like I need the cycle regulation and hormone replacement. It makes my POTS BETTER. I understand the less menstrual cycle...but why would Estrogen make me feel better?

Thanks for listening/answering. I barely slept last night worrying about this and am so anxious.

I've read that progesterone only birth control esp IUD's cause depression.

I was looking at them a bit and was considering the copper T.

It uses no drug just the copper alone prevents the pregnancy.

Or prevents a fertilized egg from embedding in the uterus and growing.

My husband chose to get a vasectomy so I don't have to worry about it.

It was difficult to decide to be done having children but I am relieved.

I am glad for the decision that he made-not to have to worry any more.

lieze

Interesting - I do better on the mixed hormone birth control (I learned it the hard way, trial and error!).

The OB/GYN did say last resort is a copper IUD, but that will NOT regulate the cycle like I need. :P

I think BCP is hard for women in general, and for us with other issues it is even more difficult.

I am so anxious being back on the pill.