After Effects

i got a 24hr stomach bug last wednesday and thursday. i woke up puking and diareah*. about 1 day later i was feeling aton better but i was now really foggy in the head and i havent been able to have a bowel movment.

well the fog has died down alot after about 6 days but i still cant BM except alittle really soft amount i mean a couple of tablespoons mabey a few times since the sickness. im still eating normal but its not coming out so i assume that the pain in my stomach will start soon.

any ideas of what i should do? i bought some deulcolax. i wanted something that wouldnt hit me like a ton of crap..haha.

should this work? or anyone have this same issue after the stomach bug.

im asking because i read the other bowel thread and it has some info but it seemed that it got real bad and enimas were the answer most of the time. so i guess my question is should i skip this small time stuff i got and get the enima right away so that i dont go down that painful road.

sorry if im seem to be rambling my fog messes with my concentration

Enemas are pretty much the only answer for me. Things like ducolax and other chemical laxatives will work too much for me, and I'm as bad as when I had the stomach virus. Stool softeners, fiber supplements, and miralax don't really work for me at all. Enemas will cause everything to be too much for a few hours, but for a few days afterwards, it is fairly regular. Every so often I have to use one (every other week or so) as I get really blocked up and am literally full of s**t. Post stomach viruses is the worse as far as becoming stopped up.

For you, the ducolax might work just fine, as we all have different responses to different medicines. I just know for me, it is HORRIBLE...

Possibly... this may be in the TMI category, but sometimes when I have to use an enema, the first movements are rock hard and hurts like HECK coming out. I suspect that I have diarrhea, but there is a blockage that prevents everything from moving, so I have to give things a little help to move.