My Wandering Mind

so ive had this POTS since june 09 and i havent had any test except what they did which wasnt much to diagnos me with POTS. so very offten i get very stressed and scared that i might die. i know that there are many things that cause POTS.

but without any tests my mind wanders.

do you think i have to worry so much without tests being done yet or are the odds good that what my cause is, is not life threatening.

i have read somewhere that about 50% of people who get POTS get it due to a viral infection. and that in most cases it clears up after a few years.

i dont mean to be a whine *** but i just get so scared sometimes. it has taken over my life, almost my every thought.

i hate it. :(

As was mentioned in another post, POTS is a syndrome. Many times it is secondary to another illness, but in other cases a primary illness can't be found. So they call POTS primary. All I can say is that I went through every test known to man in order to try to pinpoint a primary cause of my POTS because many of those primary illnesses are TREATABLE! I know it's super stressful to have to go through test after test, but really, most of them will come back negative anyway! Wouldn't you rather have known that there was a cause for your POTS, if there is one, rather than getting worse over time because you never were properly diagnosed and treated?

I know this can be a VERY expensive process, but many of the tests can be simple such as testing for diabetes, autoimmune, and many of the more common underlying illnesses. Take heart, and know that most of us have been through this process and we all have listening ears and can sympathise with your anxiety.

im going to be tested im in the process of getting a new state health insurance and a doctor to actually start searching for a cause.

my first post was just in reference to myself having alot of mental stress due to not knowing what it my be yet(if ever) and i assume the worst.

i appreciate the advice. i didnt mean to whine its just easier to type out how im feeling and to have someone understand.

im going to be tested im in the process of getting a new state health insurance and a doctor to actually start searching for a cause.

my first post was just in reference to myself having alot of mental stress due to not knowing what it my be yet(if ever) and i assume the worst.

i appreciate the advice. i didnt mean to whine its just easier to type out how im feeling and to have someone understand.

I've been suffering under this for six years, and many of the others here have been suffering for longer. It's a long term thing, and if there's one thing I've learned it's that getting upset about it isn't going to help. You have to just...keep trying. Be persistent, but not crazy. Laugh about it. Smile about it. Joke about it. Find something you enjoy and focus on that. Find religion if you don't already have it, because God can help a lot. He gives perspective of suffering. It's important then.

Stressing makes it worse. So just let it go. It isn't going to cure itself and it isn't going to get better by worrying about it. Do some research, but not a lot. Never think you've found the answer, because that's what doctors are for. Remember that doctors are practicing medicine, so they too are failable. Remember that this life is temporary, so each day counts as its own and you shouldn't worry about the next.

Just live and learn and breathe and laugh.

:3

I'm not sure whether I'm going for further testing because my symptoms started right after chicken pox so I'm pretty sure it was the virus that caused it.

If I seemed to be getting worse I would but I seem to be very stable and just have good days and bad days. I am just looking to recondition at this point.

I understand the mixed feelings about it.

I hope that you can find the help you need and get some reassurance.

This site is a god send with so many knowledgeable.

I would encourage you to hang out here until you get more answers.

lieze