Low Resting Hr Out Of Rhythm

kayjay

hello I have a ? for all of you. I have Hyper pots and was making small improvements on a tiny amount of bb and Cymbalta.

like most of us my heat rate can be really high or really low. The BB has knocked it back a little so I still have big swing but it is not going up to 170+ like it was. It will go form 52 to 120 when I go from rest to moving.

For the past week at rest I have crampy chest pain and a low hr. My heart is not beating in a clear pattern. It is scary and uncomfortable but is it dangerous? I am not sure if I need to try to up my appointment. Thank you for any input you may have to offer me.

I would definitely get it checked out by your cardiologist, sooner rather than later. Since this is something new for you and it is your heart, I don't think I'd wait. Particularly with the pains you have been getting.

Give them a call and let us know how things go.

Jana- low like in the 50's at rest for a week maybe. I can only guess it must be lower when I am sleeping. It will pop up when I exercise ( recumbent bike) but nothing too high( less then 150) When it is low it beats with papitations or something (feels uneven ) but it may still have a sinus rhythm.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Bradycardia literally means slow heart rate. You can have sinus bradycardia (normal regular rhythm but slow) or you could have a bradyarrhythmia (slow abnormal rhythm). One of the most common reasons to feel palpitations is either being unusually aware of a normal rhythm (more likely when you are either tachycardic or bradycardic) or when you are having extra beats (PVCs or PACs). Since this symptom is new you should get it checked out. Try calling your cardiologist, if they can't see you then see your PCP or go to the ER. Hopefully having an ECG (EKG) recorded whilst you are resting and bradycardic will show if there is anything going on.

Hope you feel better soon,

Flop