Cuts/abrasions Not Healing

ddschool

Just wondering if anyone else out there is having trouble when they get an abrasion or cut not healing? I notice even if I put Neosporin on the smallest little cut, it almost makes it worse - I am wondering if it is me, of something related to the POTS?

Just wondering if anyone else out there is having trouble when they get an abrasion or cut not healing? I notice even if I put Neosporin on the smallest little cut, it almost makes it worse - I am wondering if it is me, of something related to the POTS?

I had a lot of problems getting something to heal when I used Neosporin and it appeared to make it worse. The dermatologist repeatedly said it couldn't be the Neosporin and I ended up angry with myself for keeping wanting to stop using it in light of what he and another dermatologist said.

In the UK we wouldn't normally use an antibiotic ointment on wounds so I can't comment on the neosporin but it might be worth trying to see if things heal better without it? Some people with EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) heal more slowly than normal so it would be worth reading about EDS to see if it might be relevant to you.

Flop

Funny you should be discussing this.....I'm just noticing that a "benign" antibiotic ointment seems like an irritant for me.

Now that I think about it, my skin, in general, especially on my hands and face, are overly sensitive to "you name it.."

Since I've had POTS, my entire body is overly sensitive. What a nuisance!