I'm Confused..

Nikki

Today is a pretty bad day with the dizziness..it has been for the last two weeks or so. I decided to take my blood pressure while sitting and standing since I hadn't for awhile. While sitting it was 96/66. When I stood up, it shot up to 120/107. I stopped taking Florinef because I thought that was causing my spikes (they were worse before)..right now I'm just on 5mg of pindolol (beta blocker)..and I thought if anything my BP would be lower. Does this make any sense? Is there any reason for the bottom number to change so much just by standing?

Nikki- not sure if this will help you or not. i am on a beta blocker and still my blood pressure jumos around even if I am not moving.

Last night I wasn't feeling grate and was sitting with my feet up on the sofa. My bp was 112/80 then it was 150/90 and then 140/104. Not normal for me but I could feel a little chest discomfort. I took some baby asprin (just in case) and went to bed. Today things are better but I took a nap this am.

For me these blood pressure jumps are normal when I stand and change position. I get more worried about them when they happen at rest.

I was told that it is very important that your bp will settle down when you go to sleep. You may want to take it before you get out of bed in the am just to make sure it is not staying high.

I also know that sometimes I feel the worst when the top and bottom numbers are close to one another (narrow pulse pressure).

Hope you feel better but try not to worry too much ....sadly i think the Abnormal is Normal for many of us.