Problems With Doctors

tinkerbella

You are in the ER and you're sick as a dog and everyone finds you interesting and wants you to do a POTS 101 for them. You're head is pounding, your heart is racing, you're throwing up and they think you're having a heart attack when you are there for a sinus infection and lung pain. You're breathless and some arrogant doctor walks in and calls you a hyperventerlator and he's highly trainned to see this in a person. This is right afer the nurse says you are going to be admitted. You wonder what planet this doctor came from. The nurse walks in and you ask what is going on and she has no idea of what just took place. The doctor comes back in strutting around the room like a king still going on about your breathing......

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about Working with An Arrogant Doctor or other professional staff who just don't get it. They make our blood pressure boil even higher. What do you do? We get admitted and another doctor has to make excuses for them the next day.

Well, I found this article that was helpful that I wanted to share, at least we are not alone with this problem.

~Working with An Arrogant Doctor

http://patients.about.com/u/ua/doctorsandp...antdoctorUA.htm

Bellamia~

Thank you for posting this... I wish I had read it before I saw a specific physician just this past Thursday. The first point, about the fact that the doctor might have a low self-esteem reminds me of a quip I read in a book (I think from "The Making of a Psychiatrist")... "Wiseass covers nervousness".