Chest Pain

houswoea

It's been about seven months since I developed POTS due to a virus, and I was diagnosed in December. They gave me some fludrocortizone to take and I

have been trying to drink water and eat sodium....

The problem is my chest pains are getting so much worse! Everyday, I come back from class and lay in bed and cry because it hurts so much!! My cardiologist said to take more florinef, and I did, but it's been weeks now and its only getting worse.

So, any suggestions on things to help with this? It would be much appreciated!

I would assume that since you're being treated by a cardiologist, he's run the usual tests to determine you're not actually having heart problems. If not, he needs to do so!

How's your BP on the florinef? My BP went quite high which caused me to have worse chest pain and headaches. I had to stop that medication. Although florinef has certainly helped many folks on this forum.

I have a lot of Chest pains since my POTS diagnosis. Hopefully they've done all the basic tests on you to rule out the blocked arteries, blood clots, etc. I'm sure you've tried this but perhaps anti-inflammatory meds? Worth a try. I don't have much luck with thes but maybe you will!

Brye

Chest pain...ugh! I use to get chest pain all the time even would wake me up in the middle of the night. I did not change any medications but I did start to relax more and that helped a lot. I know when I am busy and stressed the chest pain will come back. So I guess my best advice is to maybe slow down a bit and try to relax ... maybe meditation or light yoga. Just a thought :unsure: I hope you feel better soon.

I have horrible chest pain everyday. I have had all the usual battery of tests to check my heart, and they can find nothing wrong excpet it beats waaaayyy to fast. Im sorry you are going through this. It hurts and its really scary too. HUGS

Kelli

Guest tearose

If the pains are new or getting worse you must follow up.

There are many types of chest pains. Some we can manage and some we need direction on.

The MVP pains, muscle around the heart pains, the weariness from fast rates pains; are all those we can manage.

IF I have done too much for an extended period I get a small amount of "pericardial effusion" pains and then really need to pull back on activity. They can't figure out why this happens but maybe because my heart pounds against my ribcage and irritates the sac around the heart. anyway, even though some of these things sound horrific, they are not always and can be managed. Just go check it out to be sure it is not a new, serious problem.

i had this bad just before i was diagnosed. it seem three weeks rest, and the start of meds did the trick for me, well it eased the pain alot.

ive found if i stand for too long, say a minute for me my chest starts to hurt. so maybe its the rapid heartbeat. perhaps if you can take more rests.

good luck, i hope you find the right solution.

xxx

I found I could only tolerate 0.1mg of the Florinef, more than that made my chest discomfort worse. It seems some doctors are hesitant to order Ativan, but I take it as needed for the chest discomfort and heaviness and that has been the best thing I have found to help it. Laying down helps sometimes, but I think being up too long or depending on the type of work we do, things we do can bring it home. I keep a small journal to track each day, how I am feeling and what I have done to see if there are patterns of things that make me feel better or worse.