Fainting With High Bp

carinara

Hello everybody, is it possible to black out or faint with high blood pressure? My Bp is always on the higher side but i still get all the presyncopal symptoms like blurred vision, ear ringing and so on. Even if it feels like my BP is low, it never is. When i have one of these episodes and i measure my BP its always high. How is that possible?

You may be like me: I get syncopal my bp flatlines transiently then shoots up as a compensatory mechanism. It can do this so quickly that in the time it takes for a cuff to inflate and then take a reading, my bp could have dropped and then shot up as a result- yesterday I got a reading of 153/103, but I knew myself my bp had dropped low as I know the symptoms. So what the cuff had caught was the adrenalin overshoot.

If it happens to me with POTS, it could happen to other folks, I'm guessing?

Well that is what happened to me on my tilt table. BP/HR going higher and higher then spiking and then suddenly dropping like a rock, then pass out. Just before it started to tank is when I got all my syncope like symptoms, nauseu, sweating, etc. So, now I know from the Tilt Table what is happening to me when I almost faint. It takes a lot to trigger one of these episodes and they come on really fast when they do. It looks like my adrenaline probably shoots up too. I still have to have the test for that. Dr. Grubb called hyperadregenic autonomic neuropathy because my skin biopsy showed I was loosing my small fibers. The neuropathy is most likely immune in nature.

Well that is what happened to me on my tilt table my BP/HR was going higher and higher then spiking and then suddenly dropping like a rock, then pass out. Just before it started to tank is when I got all my syncope like symptoms, nauseu, sweating, etc. So, now I know from the Tilt Table what is happening to me when I almost faint. It takes a lot to trigger one of these episodes and they come on really fast when they do. Of course, though I usually sit or slide to ground before pass out and once your down your body resets and I am able to get up in about 5 - 10 minutes. So now I know if I feel bad to get my feet up, then I can get back up and do more. It looks like my adrenaline probably shoots up too. I still have to have the test for that. Dr. Grubb called it hyperadregenic autonomic neuropathy because my skin biopsy showed I was loosing my small fibers. The neuropathy is most likely immune in nature.

I have high BP on standing (which is now controlled with carvedilol), and high norepinephrine on standing. But I still regularly get presyncopal. The Mayo neurologist explained it to me by saying that my blood vessels don't constrict normally because of neuropathy, and my body's response is to shoot out excessive norepinephrine in an effort to vasoconstrict. This makes my BP high, even though I'm still most likely pooling in my legs and stomach which causes the presyncopal feelings.

Well, it seems like my BP is never low. Iam a "blood pooler" though, and it does feel that all my blood is dissapearing in my lower body when i get up or on other occasions. My BP is still high then but i get presyncopel. It feels as if my Bloodvessels dilate on many occasions i know this feeling because it happens to me when i eat carbohydrates or when a doctor described me a diuretic in the past. My BP always stayed hight though.