I've Gone And Got Myself A Nice Bacterial Infection!

iheartcats

Be careful...my 'cold' turned into a nasty bacterial infection. Gross alert - thick, icky mucus and chest pain this morning so I called my doctor and they squeezed me in.

I have to take Azithromycin for 3 days, but it stays in the system for 8. Not looking forward to it...but I have to stop the infection. At least that's why I felt so horrible this weekend.

But now I'm just in that tired but can't sleep/get comfortable mode. :)

Right there with you, sweetie! I've got a nasty ol' sinus garden growing in my face! Hurts like "you know what!" My GP fit me in, took one look up my nose and gave me Suprax, my allergist did the same and gave me a Rx for 1000mg of Amoxicillin twice a day if I don't feel better by Friday. Please Lord, let me feel better by Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Firewatcher - Misery LOVES company, doesn't it? :)

I seem to be tolerating this antibiotic (fingers crossed) and have a couple more days, but my doctor said they stay around a few days after that.

I am finally.starting.to.feel.better. Finally! I hope you are better by Friday! I am starting Nasacort tomorrow for a week. I've taken it for allergies, but never for a bacterial infection. At least I know it's quite benign for me so I'll have a go.

Don't you hate the face pain? I swear I felt/heard mine making a 'creaking' noise. Agh!

Firewatcher - Misery LOVES company, doesn't it? :lol:

I seem to be tolerating this antibiotic (fingers crossed) and have a couple more days, but my doctor said they stay around a few days after that.

I am finally.starting.to.feel.better. Finally! I hope you are better by Friday! I am starting Nasacort tomorrow for a week. I've taken it for allergies, but never for a bacterial infection. At least I know it's quite benign for me so I'll have a go.

Don't you hate the face pain? I swear I felt/heard mine making a 'creaking' noise. Agh!

You probably did. My face squeaks! :huh: It is awful! I am feeling better, but I am also pumping in the probiotics too. One infection is enough if you know what I mean! <_<