Really Good Article On Weight And Dieting

firewatcher

Something just happened to me when I got the flu + pneumonia = blimp, and no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no it was not the Holidays. Plus I just gave away all my larger clothes. Is it the florinef and the neb treatments. Pushing all the gallons of gaterade. I crave ice cream all the time, could that have anything to do with it?

Doc told me I would not gain more than a few pounds on the steriods. lol. Firewatcher you going to diet? I'm going to cut down on what I put into my mouth. the best diet I ever did was wieght watchers 5 years ago and lost over 100 lbs was toooooooooo thin and hated the way I looked. Everyone made comments about my weight being too thin. Now I want to buy maternity pants due to the bloating and comfort. LOL! I have one pair and I love them. I don't care what anyone thinks, comforts comes first, besides everything for pregnant woman are really stylish throw on a long top and I'm ready to go!!!!

A woman's got to do what's she's got to do!

Bellamia~

Looking at the heart rate chart I had to laugh. 0-87 BPM for a warm up. I think if you have 0 beats per minute you have more serious concerns than exercising at the moment! :lol:

I am going to diet. At least I'm going to eat smaller meals more regularly. I want to lose fat specifically, not just weight and I can't use the scale for progress since I have to use that for gauging my hydration status. Right now I'm anywhere between 23-27% body fat--depending on the method of calculation (BMI vs. measurements) I know that is within healthy limits, but I would like to go down one size out of sheer vanity! :lol: I had been feeling better due to the hormones and would like to look as good. I also remember how good I looked before babies and would like to have some semblance of tone and definition. The last reason is that I want there to be no doubt about my conditioning status! <_<

The exercise guidelines on WebMD can't possibly apply to us, but the daily menu is really good. I plugged in what I already eat and saw where I need to cut back. I am following the Chronic Kidney Disease protein guidelines, so the little tracker box is great! The daily sodium counter is good too, it tells me if I am near my sodium intake goals. We are going to have to adapt everything to meet our own "special" needs, but i just thought it was a good, basic tool.