Iv Vitamin C

Lenna

My son just saw a new doctor. He practices "functional medicine" which bridges traditional and alternative medical treatments. At my request, he's prescribing low-dose naltrexone, though he doesn't have any strong feelings about whether this will help my son. He is going to do a lot of "outside the box" testing for a number of things, including testing for heavy metal toxicity. One thing he recommends, which he would implement in a couple of months after all the tests are cpmplete, is weekly (or twice a week...is that biweekly? I can never keep it straight) IVs of vitamin C. He says that he has seen it help POTS patients quite a bit in terms of energy and overall well-being.

Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Lenna,

I'm curious if you're seeing the same doc as me. Would you mind pm'ing me w/ his name? I'd love to chat if it is the same guy, particularly about the LDN because I spoke w/ him about it recently and he wasn't all too sure yet...wonder if he's changed his mind.

Guest tearose

Is there a reason the delivery is IV rather than oral?

How was the metal testing done? Is it a blood test?

I am curious because someone just suggested I may have a problem since I have a slight white band over both eye iris and that can be from metal toxicity. I want to ask my PCP about it next time I see him about testing.

Stupidly I didn't even think to ask why the doctor would administer the Vitamin C through an IV rather than orally. I guess I just figured it's more effective that way. Like when you get a saline IV...you get a greater volume of fluid directly into your tissues than if you were drinking water. But I will get much more detailed info before Danny starts the treatments - which won't be for a couple of months anyway.

How was the metal testing done? Is it a blood test?

Tearose,

The heavy metal testing is a urine test. Danny has to take 6 pills called captomer (the amount is probably determined by his weight - he's 130 lbs.) and then collect his urine for the next 6 hours. Then we ship a bit of his urine off to some lab in Illinois.