Uti Treatment, Antibiotic What Has Been Your Experiences

lissy

Hey all,

I always dread getting an infection because on top of the infection I have to deal with the med sensitivity. I'm use to taking the Z-pack but doc called in Cipro :blink::blink::P and from everything I read I told myself NO WAY shall I take that!!!!! and its huge!!!!!!! I called doc trying to get something else and hopefully she will...she kind of has an issue with SHES THE DOC and I am just a patient....

The question to you all is whenever I read the leaflets i always see about Central nervous system disorders :::::Do we fall into that category???? I always get the craziest side-effects Tingling/Tachy/Flushing feeling faint even when laying down...

What has been the safest antibiotics with the least side-effects for all???? And I do know everyone has different allergies.

Lissy

I do pretty well on the Z-pack but can't take Cipro at all. Amoxicillin isn't too bad either, but that's about it.

Thanks Potsgirl, how have u been doing??? Thanks for always responding:) I know the cillins are the safest but allergic:( She hasn't called back yet either she might just blow me off then I gave to go to urgent care just for a new antibiotic!!!! Even with the Z-pack I still get side-effects but they're not severe ya know. Theres no way is H E double L I'm gonna add more possible permanent problems just taking a Med..

Lissy

I've been going through a pretty low period, but thanks for asking! You're a sweetheart. Doing some med changes, and I guess I'm in a 'waxing' stage. I don't know what I'd do without the forum and you and the others!

Cheers,

Jana

Well Doc did exactly what I thought she said I have to take Cipro......And I told the nurse I just don't want to take chances to make my condition any worse!!! and they also didn't know what type of bacteria is to blame anyway not until 2morrow , so how would they know anyway that the Z-pack wouldn't work I get so upset when your own doctor don't understand how our bodies don't react normally . I don't know what to do , my husband just says take it but he doesn't take my sensitivity serious either and he needs to drive me to another place to get a different antibotic...why can't anything just be simple.

Lissy

And Potsgirl it will get better I was at a very low period for over a year was improving for about 5 months then down again...Keep your head up and stay positive because that makes a difference on healing:)

Well Doc did exactly what I thought she said I have to take Cipro......And I told the nurse I just don't want to take chances to make my condition any worse!!! and they also didn't know what type of bacteria is to blame anyway not until 2morrow , so how would they know anyway that the Z-pack wouldn't work I get so upset when your own doctor don't understand how our bodies don't react normally . I don't know what to do , my husband just says take it but he doesn't take my sensitivity serious either and he needs to drive me to another place to get a different antibotic...why can't anything just be simple.

Lissy

And Potsgirl it will get better I was at a very low period for over a year was improving for about 5 months then down again...Keep your head up and stay positive because that makes a difference on healing:)

This summer I had six UTIs and was constantly on antibiotics that were making me even sicker. I guess you sorta have to take'em and just work through it but i definitely wouldn't take something that could cause permanent damage. I know all about sensitivities. I usually have every single side effect possible. I have had paralysis as a result of an adverse drug reaction as well. good luck