More Of A Girls Only Question

MommytoSJEA

I have been taking the florinef for a tad over a week now. I saw one of the side effects is menstral changes. So, of course, it happens to me and my cycle comes after only 2 wks. Fine whatever. But the cramping is the worst ever. It woke me out of a sound sleep 2 nights ago. For those of you that have had children, it seriously felt like labor pains. I was sitting up in the bathroom saying holy crap....this is like straight out of an episode of I didnt even know I was pregnant. Anyone else have cycle problems? Just FYI, I dont take any BCP b/c I had a tubal ligation done when I was 23 b/c that wonderful EP I see says it was in my best heart health interest to not have any more children ;) Granted I do already have 4 wonderful children and we prob would have been done having children anyways........but thats a whole nother rant on it own.

Like I said just wondering......Ive never had much more then the typical period cramps.

~Kelli

Wow. I've never thought to examine how florinef might affect my periods, but I CAN safely say I haven't had anything as bad as yours. Are you sure it was the florinef and not just a freak random occurrence?

I once thought I had miscarried w/o knowing I was pregnant. It didn't hurt THAT bad, but there was an awful lot of blood. To this day I don't really know what happened then.

i did call the doc on friday and talked to a nurse and she said that it would/could change my cycles. I seriously doubt it was m/c or anything like that since I had my tubes tied. Although.....the way medical anomolies(sp?) run in this house....lol I would be the .001% failure rate. The doc says right before my tubal "ive never had a failure" yup...thanks. We just figured it would happen to us....but when our youngest is 18 ;) (b/c we will only be 41 then)

~Kelli

I've never heard of florinef affecting the menstrual cycle. I was only on it for 6 months. My periods were normal during that time. Like KeXia, I've had a few AWFUL periods- like time to go to the hospital- if I could have called 911 ( but I couldn't get off of the floor.) In retrospect, I also wondered about an early miscarriage, never knew for sure. Those extreme cycles occurred for no apparent reason, but they were so painful and frightening. Sorry you had to deal with that too.

Julie

Flop I would totally take the pill even if it only to make that darn cycles go away. The depo shot was the best thing on earth when I took it yrs and yrsa ago. Although I gained a TON of weight on it. Yeah hoping it was a fluke, even though doc did confirm when I called that its common. Huh oh well. Only the wierd happens at our house.

~Kelli

A couple of years ago I switched to a new b/c pill, because I read in a magazine it safely stops your periods. I haven't had one in over a year. I am glad I did, because of all the symptoms I deal with having POTS and SFN ( small fiber neuropathy) I don't have to deal with PMS or a period. I just turned 45, the b/c pill is Lybrel.

A couple of years ago I switched to a new b/c pill, because I read in a magazine it safely stops your periods. I haven't had one in over a year. I am glad I did, because of all the symptoms I deal with having POTS and SFN ( small fiber neuropathy) I don't have to deal with PMS or a period. I just turned 45, the b/c pill is Lybrel.

Hi,

I heard that is a really good pill, as long as you have no blood timing problems...which I did :) so I am still on my period stopping search, Good for you:)

Lissy

Flop I would totally take the pill even if it only to make that darn cycles go away. The depo shot was the best thing on earth when I took it yrs and yrsa ago. Although I gained a TON of weight on it. Yeah hoping it was a fluke, even though doc did confirm when I called that its common. Huh oh well. Only the wierd happens at our house.

~Kelli

Hi,

Curious if u had any negative effects from that shot have been considering it... as for weight gain I can use that only 100lbs

Thanks Lissy