Really Bad Days Are Gone:-))

Elenapap11

hi everyone.Although i'm still waiting for the results of my tests,i have to admit that i've been feeling a lot better for more than 10days now.I don' wake up at night,no tachycardia,no fatigue.I only have stomach irritation and shortness of breath but that's bearable and it only lasts for a couple of minutes after my meals.Now that the restless nights of intense crises are gone i sleep 10 hours a day!!I feel like my body is trying to recharge its batteries.I cannot describe the feeling of waking up feeling well.I had forgotten what it's like.

Anyway just to let you know the only thing i've changed is my diet.I stopped eating any kind of sweet and i started eating red meat every day.No pasta or cheese.Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe meat has helped me.Generally i don't like meat very much and i never ate adequate amounts of it.My mother-in-law visited me for a couple of days and she insisted that i eat more meat.At first i only ate it because i didn't want to insult her but after three days i actually started feeling better.Now i make sure that i eat beef or stake every day.I also stopped eating sweet foods(anything that contains sugar).I just make sure that i eat enough salt and drink plenty of water.(like most of us here)

I really needed a break from POTS because i had severe symptoms every day for 70 days.I don't care if it comes back.I'm just happy that i could have a break and get some sleep.(and if i m lucky enough i can stay like that during the Christmas Holiday:-))))

Just wondering if you could be anemic also, and therefore the red meat is helping? However, I do know that buffalo meat does seem to help me feel a bit better also, but not as much of improvement as you seem to find. I actually get really shaky (more so than my normal weakness) if I don't have something sweet periodically, it's really weird, but sugar actually helps at times for me. It is always so interesting how we are all so different physically and what works for some, doesn't for others.

Thank you Erik.I hope Santa will visit you soon too.(with reindeers and all;-))

Tammy my iron was a little low lately but i haven't always been anemic.However, maybe this is one more reason for feeling better when i eat meat.I agree with you that we all have different dietary needs and we need to try out various regimes until we find the best one for ouselves.But as Ramakentesh pointed out that alone may not provide a solution.Even in my case it may be a coincidence...i cannot be sure.(still.i will keep eating red meat just in case...)

Have a nice day everyone!