Help Me With A Mental Block

wibbleway

Hello Everyone,

I know that my doctors told me this but for the life of me, I still get fuzzy on it. I have an upper respiratory infection and my blood pressure is bottoming out. It is so low and my pulse goes so high and my head hurts like crazy. Isn't this normal with POTS and all the other things I have?

Please help out my mental fog.

Cathy :)

I always feel much worse when I get any sort of infection. My cardiologist said that infections somehow cause the vessels to dilate and lower BP, then we compensate with more tachycardia than normal.

I would let your doctor know what your current numbers are and how they compare with your usual numbers. Some people may need IV fluids in hospital if they are much worse due to infection.

Flop

Thank you both. I did call my cardiologist and they told me to drink more than normal and be careful standing. My pressure was 90/70 and dropping fast as my heart rate went up. I need to post a note of my mirror that when I get an infection it makes all the symptoms worse. Thank you for easing my mind. I will watch everything and call them if the pressure gets worse. Thanks again.

Cathy