Medication Change/generic Questions.feeling Really Bad

yikespanic

I haven't posted in quite some time, as I have basically been feeling pretty good lately. My symptoms have been there but not as bad as in the past. I've been able to work full time for about 2 years now and other than flair ups here and there have been managing pretty well. That is untill several weeks ago when my mail order pharmacy switched my Celexa to generic. Dr forgot to say DAW when it was called in and I am still waiting for the mistake to get fixed. I have to use mail order for stuff I take all the time and it is a PAIN. I am going to call today and see if they can call me in the Brand name at my local pharmacy to hold me over till mail order arrives. But I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen. I looked up online what the withdrawl symptoms are and it feels just like that. I ache all over, have tingly feelings and what feels like head rushes, my POTS symptoms are creeping back dramatically, I can barely get out of bed, grey out feelings, heart racing... Has anyone else had this happen???? I remember way back when I first started celexa and I had generic once and I felt really creepy and thats when Dr started always writting DAW so I wouldn't get it again. But this is beyond that feeling. I had to call off work today and I guess I am just getting myself all worked up and scarred.

Kim

I have had this happen when they came out with a generic from of zoloft. I got panicky, dizzy and very potsy. Then they other manufacturers started coming out with even more generic forms of zoloft. So my pharmacy started buying whatever was cheapest. I could tell every time that they switched to another generic brand. My insurance only covers the cost of what the generic would be if I have the dr request name brand (even if the generic doesnt work) so I was paying 70 a month for the zoloft. I finally just weaned myself off. It was better than the ups and downs of going on and off so many different generics. There was a news special about a month ago. The amount of medicine that is in the pill can vary by up to 3% from brand to generic legally. The story was on abc. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ConsumerNews/gen...tory?id=8925388