People Testing Positive For Xmrv Already

ramakentesh

I was having a look through a few CFS forums and noticed that already a few patients that have sent in their tests for XMRV have tested positive. 2 and 4 at different websites. No info on their presentations yet but I will remind people that the Canadian criteria used for CFS for inclusion in the WHittlemore study included autonomic dysfunction such as POTS and or NMH

What, the Canadians think Fibromyalgia folks are hosers or something??? :) It's a pretty similar symptom cluster I think. :)

Sure will be interesting to see what comes of this. Thank you for bringing it up.

I don't suppose a retrovirus can trigger methylation, perhaps of a NET amplifier as well as a receptor population gene... and perhaps hinder the body's natural processes of reverse alchemical chelation as well? Just looking to tie up a few theories in a bow.

From what I've read the test is only being offered by the lab associated with the clinic that have recently published research on XMRV and CFS. They are offering two different tests PCR to look for active infection and viral cultures to look for latent infection, they are very expensive tests $400 - $650 for both tests. I haven't seen any other labs offering this test and there doesn't seem to be an antibody test.

This research is really in its early stages. There are both pros and cons to being tested so think carefully before spending your money.

Flop

Yes the clinic involved is associated with the institute that published the paper. I was pretty cynical about it until someone told me that the results were verified independently by the cleveland clinic and some major cancer institute before publishing.

that being said, it is a little too good to be true. She made the assumption automatically that it was a retrovirus and then the first one she checked for happened to be the one she reportedly found in 98% of patients with CFS (perhaps the super fluey variety?)