Tortured By Rls During Hemodynamics Test!

familypast

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I went to Cleveland Clinic last week for more autonomic testing. I had the blood volume and hemodynamic tests for ~2 hours, followed by the heart rate variability tests. Well, halfway into the blood volume and hemodynamics test, my restless legs "kicked" in. And I mean, the kicked in bad. I was fine for the first 45 minutes or so, but then it started to hit me. Unfortunately, this happened right at the beginning of the hemodynamics scan -- at a time in which I was told to lay still. I couldn't do it! No matter how important it was for me to keep still, my legs wouldn't let me. I was absolutely MISERABLE. For me, RLS is nothing like the "creepy, crawly" sensation I hear on commercials. It's feels like it's in the deep muscles or tendons. It's an achy, pulling tensing feeling that makes me crazy!

I have two questions:

1. Did I completely screw up my test results? (I asked the nurse, but she kept telling me "it is, what it is")

2. How many others here suffer from RLS?

By the way, I take requip for RLS, but only at night. I usually don't have problems during the day (ahem, except that day), but I've found that Adderall helps with daytime symptoms.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I went to Cleveland Clinic last week for more autonomic testing. I had the blood volume and hemodynamic tests for ~2 hours, followed by the heart rate variability tests. Well, halfway into the blood volume and hemodynamics test, my restless legs "kicked" in. And I mean, the kicked in bad. I was fine for the first 45 minutes or so, but then it started to hit me. Unfortunately, this happened right at the beginning of the hemodynamics scan -- at a time in which I was told to lay still. I couldn't do it! No matter how important it was for me to keep still, my legs wouldn't let me. I was absolutely MISERABLE. For me, RLS is nothing like the "creepy, crawly" sensation I hear on commercials. It's feels like it's in the deep muscles or tendons. It's an achy, pulling tensing feeling that makes me crazy!

I have two questions:

1. Did I completely screw up my test results? (I asked the nurse, but she kept telling me "it is, what it is")

2. How many others here suffer from RLS?

By the way, I take requip for RLS, but only at night. I usually don't have problems during the day (ahem, except that day), but I've found that Adderall helps with daytime symptoms.

Hi, I have had RLS all my life. I mostly only get it at night. I take neurontin just before bed.

I had those same tests you did. Luckily for me my RLS didn't act up.

RLS is probably another reason I could never nap during the day. Have to have that neurontin in me.

Sorry I don't know if it messed up your tests, but I can sympathize with that terrible feeling.

Ugh! Me too! I get it sometimes. I'll have it for a while, then it will go away (thankfully.) It's really uncomfortable. I always feel like I have to point and flex my feet continuously so I feel that instead.

I'd describe it as my legs feeling nauseous, although I know that doesn't actually make sense. :rolleyes:

Amy