Rheumatologist Visit - Pots, Cfs, Celiac Disease

iheartcats

My Rheumatologist visit went well today - she wasn't familiar with POTS but is now actively looking into it as it could overlap with CFS patients.

I'm getting a few blood tests and going back to see her next week (including the test for Hashimoto's - the special thyroid test). We'll review that and go from there. She thinks she wants to put me on a 6-week Gluten Free diet (yikes!) but it's worth a try which we'll also discuss. This is to see if any of my muscle/body pain gets help from that as Celiac tests aren't always 100% accurate. I tried and didn't last before (a couple days!). But I guess I have to put in the effort this time.

We discussed the possible 'hidden' virus causes of POTS/CFS. Especially when someone mentions they were 'sicker then they'd ever been' with a flu or something then get something like POTS/CFS/etc.

I'll find out more next week and will update this thread. Feel free to share any experiences you've had with the above. I'm trying to digest it all in my head right now. I'm glad I've found a good doctor willing to work with me!