Allergist Visit - New Medicine & My Hives May Not Be Pots Related

iheartcats

I went to a new allergist here - he was nice and seemed to know what he was talking about.

The good news since I'm 40-50% better on a Beta Blocker, he doesn't think I have MCAD. That's a relief. I don't have spontaneous 'flushing' I have spontaneous 'hives' and he says there is a difference. He did do the skin writing thing and I had hives from it.

He is switching me from Ranitidince/Zantac (ugh because I just bought this) to Pepcid (generic name I'm unsure of). He said this is often more helpful for random chronic hives like I have. Also if my hives are really acting up I can take one 10mg Zyrtec AM and one PM.

He doesn't think my hives is directly related to POTS. It's somewhat common and he thinks I'd have the hives issue with or without POTS after he asked me a lot of questions.

I'm supposed to take cooler showers, avoid berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, and shellfish as they can make chronic hives worse. I sometimes eat tomato sauce, the others I usually don't. Well, orange juice but I can avoid that. Don't tell on me for my pasta sauce, guys. :blink:

Has anyone here taking Pepcid? It sounds similar to Zantac so I'm not that concerned about it. I just am hoping it controls the Hives more!