New Member With Pots?

Rylen

Saturday and Sunday I was feeling better and I thought I was improving.

Today however wasn't as good :(

Got that "off" feeling in my head again. But the standing tachycardia isn't bad as it was earlier this month.

What do you guys think?

I guess I'm just looking for comfort and hoping people will tell me this will pass and I will be back to my "normal" self soon :(

I think the fact that you have improved in the past is a good sign that this is likely a relapse that you will pull out of. I know the feeling. I get relapses and each time wonder or fear if it might spiral into disability (again). But so far this has not been the case for me. As far as why relapses happen, I don't think many of us can identify this all the time unfortunately. I hope you find yourself feeling better in the coming days/weeks.

I think the fact that you have improved in the past is a good sign that this is likely a relapse that you will pull out of. I know the feeling. I get relapses and each time wonder or fear if it might spiral into disability (again). But so far this has not been the case for me. As far as why relapses happen, I don't think many of us can identify this all the time unfortunately. I hope you find yourself feeling better in the coming days/weeks.

Thank you.

I have been feeling much better since Saturday.

How many relapses have you had, and how long did it take to fully recover from your longest relapse?

Also when you relapse do your symptoms wax and wayne throughout the day?

Hi Rylen,

When I first read your story it sounded a bit like how mine began, but then it just got better before it got bad! My flawed, uneducated, guess is that you may have some very minor intermittent POTS that periodically flares from external stressors such as viruses. As an outside observer, reading all of your posts, it seems to me that the best thing you did for it was extensive exercise and fluid intake. I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. It's been 3 years - if you were going to develop a bad case I think it would've shown by now. It seems the trigger event for most people leads to a sudden onset and then gradual digression. You didn't have that - you had a sudden onset, a slight decline, and then a return to normalcy followed by minor setbacks. Again, I wouldn't be too worried, I think your case would have already presented itself as severe by now if it was ever going to be that and I would keep up with the sports drinks and exercise.

But who am I to give advice, I'm sick! This is not medical advice, just lifestyle advice.