Midodrine Question

roxie

Hi! I was at the dr's last week and he was talking about going back on Midorine. I was on it a few years ago and it seemed to be helping then one day out of the blue my bp skyrocketed and for months no matter how low of a dose I took my bp was too high so I stopped taking it. Now he wants to try it again and I'm nervous bc of the whole bp thing. So I have a few questions for y'all

Has anybody had any extended bp problems with midorine?

How do you guys keep it a normal number?

How often do you take you bp?

Do you still wear comopression stockings on midodrine?

Any input would be appreciated

Bananas

Very occasionally, my BP goes high when I'm on midodrine, but it is only a temporary problem (for a few days). I will ease back on the midodrine and other measures and let it settle down again. I say other measures (salt, compression), but I think it's cutting back the midodrine that has the only significant effect on this BP spike. Then I'm back to normal. I have no idea why my BP suddenly goes high so I accept that sometimes it will. Admittedly, it only just into the high BP bracket (but compared to normal, it is a big increase), so I have no reason to get too concerned.

If it was helping you before, I would give it another go. Given it's so short acting, you can just keep an eye on your BP and adjust accordingly.