Gall Bladder Or Other Cause Of Digestive Issues...

ajw4790

Hi,

I just got back from making an approx. 3 hr. airplane ride to and from Miami for my sisters wedding this past weekend. I had chest and abdominal issues almos the entire time. They got worse after being at the hotel almost 2 days. Then got a bit better for about a day. Then, things progressed to almost an immediate need for a trip to the bathroom after every meal. (or less there was practically no fat content)

It kinda of reminds me of what my mother has gone through post gallbladder removal and hearing other peoples tales of gallbladder issues. So, I am wondering if my issue is gallbladder related???

Anyone know if airplane flights can trigger or worsen gallbladder issues? (I wondered with the cabin being pressurized etc. if this could affect it?)

Anyone had worsening issues after flight???

Food intake has been approximately the same. Possibly a bit more concentrated of "bad" foods in a short period, but symptoms didn't occur immediately or get better if I ate better etc. So, it leads me to think it is not purely diet related. I have done much worse before and had nothing other than reflux occur.

I have also had nausea- no vomiting, reflux, pain and cramping, chest pain, "D", and many foods are triggers or anything over a certain quantity of food is causing serious digestive issues.

People that I traveled with are not reporting same symptoms, so I have not really figured it was a "bug" or food poisoning.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

:)

Any ideas???

I don't remember if flying bothered my gallbladder, but the eating out with traveling sure did! It is theoretically possible that the change in cabin pressure could squeeze it and expand it. I know that small change in pressure can wreak havoc on my sinuses! Do you already have gallbladder issues? Go off the fats (and I mean NONE) for a couple days and see if you feel better. If you do, you might want to get it checked out now, before it becomes a bigger problem.

I dunno about Florida, I guess it depends on the climate you come from, but they were talking yesterday at work about travelling from Kentucky to California and Tucson for weeks at a time and how they were getting 'dehydration sickness' (nausea and the bathroom runs) because the climate was so much humid or dryer depending on the place. How they had to drink over five gallons of water to feel normal because they weren't used to it.

So any change in climate can cause your body to go out of whack, especially since out bodies are so sensitive. Were you drinking enough water?

I get very fatigued from any kind of travel, and always have to rest the day after I arrive, but I don't know if it would make gallbladder symptoms worse - I would think the primary cause of that would be a change in your diet flaring it up. Were you symptomatic before your trip? If you continue to have these problems, it certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to your GP and possibly have some testing done.

If you've been reading other posts about GB testing, you know that these tests are not that accurate, and you have to go with your intuition. All of my GB tests came back negative, but they took my gallbladder out due to my symptoms, and it was totally dead.

Good luck!

Jana

Thanks for your responses! :(

Thought I would update. My stomach did finally settle down to more of my norm. I have wondered for a while about my gallbladder... I need to see if I can get it checked.

Of all the choices, I guess the dehydration sickness sounds the most likely. I was drinking quite a bit, but I am sure that my body still wanted more.

At least things are back to my "norm".

:)