Heart Feeling Like It Is Going To Burst

wibbleway

:blink: Hello again, everyone. What a horrible two weeks this spell has been. It started with having those horrible heart pains (that is what I call them) from just sitting up. Sometimes the pains are even waking me up at night. I can tell that my pulse is racing and I feel nauseated. Today I was sitting in a Bible study and I told the ladies that my chest was hurting. A nurse looked over and my face was white as a sheet and my neck was red, red, red. She was afraid she might need to come over and give me mouth to mouth. I was so embarrassed. I'd been in bed the last week and just wanted to go out for a hour. Now I am back in bed again. Each time it leaves me tired and with a headache. This spell has been the longest with the most symptoms. The frustrating think is that I know there is absolutely nothing they can do. My heart wall is beginning to harden some from the strain but nothing new can help but rest in bed.

I just needed to vent because it can really get you down sometimes. It is hard to explain and harder to realize that there is nothing anyone can do.

Please let me know if any of you experience the horrible heart pains that come from the fast heart rate and feel like me???

Thank you all so much!

I get those. It is tough. I find that the more I lie in bed, the worse they are when I get up. My beta blocker has helped a lot to keep the pains at bay, but I find that when they are bad, I lie in bed for the day. Then, the next day I graduate to half lying on the couch, then the next day sort of sitting on the couch.. You see where I'm going here? I know you are probably lonely and bored out of your skull, but getting out when you are feeling bad is not a good idea. I know this personally.

I sure hope they can find something that works for you, so you aren't so miserable.

Angela

Angela,

Thank you! I needed to hear that. It is hard to stay down. I know that when I do then in around 4 days, I can start getting out of the house again slowly. I have just not been doing the right thing. By trying to go out (like you said) it has made things worse. It is just so frustrating to have to cancel things and continue to ask people to step in and do things you are suppose to do. But I will. You helped me realize that I need to lie down and slowly work up to things again.

Thank you for your help!

Cathy

I get this too. I'm going through it right now. The heart pains are terrible. I get nauseated, constipated but have to wee all the time, migraines, palpitations and chest wall and heart pains on even sitting up. My vision also goes blurry.

I find I get some relief from the pain with a hot bath. Don't know why that works, but it does. Be careful getting in and out of the tub though.

I'm hoping today I can stay out of bed for a bit longer. Tomorrow I am facing a 400 mile journey for a family funeral. There is no way I can miss it.

I really should be taking my wheelchair but I don't know if the venue is accessible and I don''t want to shock people by turning up in one as it's a hard enough time as it is.

I am wondering if I will feel a whole lot better after the funeral in my head, but I think physically I will prrobably be worse because of exhaustion.

Cathy--have you been checked for a pheo? The pain, "pale" face, nausea, racing heart all are symptoms of one. It wouldn't hurt to double check with a blood or urine test.

What is "pheo"?

Hi wibbleway, I just wanted to tell you that I go pale as well. I actually tested positive (urine) for pheo 3 times but was went to NIH and I DO not have pheo. I am not saying that you shouldn't get checked. If you have it you will have sudden VERY HIGH spikes in blood pressure. My blood pressure will only get high sometimes. If you want any more info feel free to PM me. I have had every pheo related test there is... and I just have POTS with major adreal surges. Anyway... Pheos are very rare but every endocronologist I have seen has been convinced that I have one..... and I don't. I go "sheet white" in the face and get very sweaty when this happens to me. Best of luck .. if you want more info just ask me. Ig you do get tested make sure you have a plasma test... My urine tests are always positive b/c of the hyperadrenic POTS.