Palpitation In You Stomach

tilly

Does any one every notice their pulse in their stomach ... what i mean is when you are lying down can you see and feel your pulse in your abdomen ...... on some occations when i have been having problems getting my tachy under control bc about once every month it will be really persistant for some reason and i have to lay down most of the day bc it will not subside ....... when i am lying on the bed i can see my abdomen going up down with the heart beats ..... is this normal with pot's .....

Hi Tilly,

Yes, I notice my pulse beating in several areas of my body, especially when lying down. I'm not so sure this is a POTS thing, because I've been able to do this for years. I do have a rather thin frame, however, so perhaps that has something to do with it. In my opinion, (not being a medical person!) I don't think it's probably too much cause for concern.

I think this is pretty much a normal thing. I've always noticed my pulse in my abdomen. During my stress test, I asked the Dr. about it. He said there is a main, large artery running through our stomachs and many people can see the beating, especially if you have a thin build. I remember one time, I was at my primary Drs. for something. I was lying flat on the table and my heart was racing like it normally does. My stomach was just pulsating - he was like, "wow, you have quite a heartbeat!" (of course, he is aware of my POTS).

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with POTS. It can be weird to see though!