Toprol Xl Vs Metoprolol

I had to post that I have been using the real Toprol XL for a little over a month. Prior to this I had been taking the generic metoprolol. Since taking the real toprol, my chest pain has been cut in half and I just feel a little better. I asked the pharmacist what the difference between the meds was...she said they were the exact same (just the fillers were different). Has anyone else noticed their chest pain beng lessened on the real toprol...along with some relief all areas..?? :rolleyes:

Thanks..

Erika

Hi,

I have not had chest pain since I started on Toprol XL several years ago. Before that, chest pain and heart pounding were my two most horrible symptoms. I have not had either since I started on Toprol XL. I did not do as well on the generic. For me, the difference is quite noticeable. For a brief period this year, I had to go back to the generic. The chest pains returned and my symptoms were not as well controlled. I have received different responses from pharmacists regarding the generic vs. the "real" one. I think there is more than one maker of the generic and this may be why. My doctor writes on my prescription that I am not to receive the generic.

Hope this helps!

Take care,

Carolyn