Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate - Westergren Is High

iheartcats

I was looking through some recent labs I received to take to my new PCP.

I see my Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate is above normal...

I also saw that the Rheumy I saw said I have the Serology of Lupus but no manifestations of symptoms (this was from last year). Recently my ANA test was fine though.

So confused and frustrated now...

Bring it up with your doctor, that is why he is there! Just do it in a calm, questioning manner, like: "I was looking through my old labs in preparation for a new patient appointment and found ________and _______ and did not know what they meant. What is your opinion of this given my prior diagnosis?" Anything other than that and we look like hypochondriac nuts! :P

Firewatcher - That's true. The good thing is he says he knows a good Rheumy if I need to see them. Maybe I'll take him up on that suggestion (since I did have the serology diagnosis + this new result + new joint/muscle pain).

I'm glad HE brought up his Rheumy contact. Just hope he remembers our conversation a few appointments back. :P

It's funny because we aren't hypochondriacs (I've known some in my family - that's not me!). POTS is so bizarre and can include so many things I think we all have to keep up on it.