Ttt Karate Massage

Hello again fellow athletes,

Thank you for so graciously inducting me into the hallowed pages of this forum.

I found a new coach to help me train less intensively. His first name is also "Doctor."

I asked and found out he would meet an Olympic heart racer who wants to stop competing. His assistant said he also trains the Brady Bunch. So he appears very well-rounded in coaching in the athletic and performing arts.

In our conversation, I discussed my aptitude for heart racing in heat and humidity (he uses a sauna for his office so I was performing through the entire visit). I confided in him as to what moves me: high-flying adventures and raising -caines during dental visits make me virtually swoon.

I told him that when I fly high, I sink to my knees to see the light when night starts to darken my vision.

I was disheartened when the discussion made its first incursion into deep philosophical issues "If a heart beats fast in a chest and no one measures it, did it really beat fast?"

The coach stated, in so many words, that he wanted to have evidence of my performing my unusual talent for a limited amount of time.

He asked that I endure a variation of "coining" ("cao gio", the Southeast Asian practice of making the skin red with coins to release bad winds) which he said would give him the right "electrical" connection to see how I run.

As we talked, I was figuring out that I might look like I had a Ringworm infection on my cleavage and feel a bad itch but that in fact, the round red battle scars I would have would be the hallmark of a true heart racer.

In the same philosophical context, the coach also wanted evidence of my swooning. He said he wanted me to meet with his special group for a modified rack and fainting game (karate massage), both part of a Highly Unconscionable Torture Test.

So as he requested, I endured the widely feared karate massage.

-------------------------------------------

Now, too long after karate massage, my head still hurts and is a little hot. My chest hurts here and there, and so do parts of my neck here and there. I also feel weak.

None of this is excruciating (it ranks pretty low on any pain scale) but I don't like the fact that it is abnormal. I thought I would not feel anything bad at all afterwards.

Is the head pain normal? the neck pain? the chest pain? the hothead sensation? feeling weak? (The technician or nurse said I should have completely recovered but I want to know your experiences). If anyone had pain, weakness, or a sensation of heat, when did you recover?

Still,

Tachy

Tachy,

Welcome to the world of pots. Most of us have endured modified rack, ttt more then once. Everyone experiences with this is different, that's what makes our club so exclusive. Most of us won't have the same experiences or same numbers. I have had two already and have fainted on one and was so sick afterward that the nurse quick gave me a garbage can to relieve my stomach. Needless to say since they put me through that torture I managed to miss the can! It takes awhile to recover from these tests, but in the end the "coach" needs these numbers to help you. I wore a heart monitor for 40 days to get my heart readings for one "coach", not fun. I had ring worm all over my body for weeks, but it does go away. Once again it was needed to see what was going on with my heart. This is just the begining so it seems you will have some adjusting to do. Keep posting though I enjoy your way of phrasing your experiences, although I must admit some times I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Keep the faith hopefully life will get better.

Maggie

I had heard terrible things about the ttt. I went to the ttt and fully expected the worst..mine was not bad at all. I just stood there and my hr went wild....we didn't even complete the whole time of the test...the doc started reading nots on POTS from the internet to me as I stood there...the nurse adminstering the test was amazed...had never seen anything like it!! :)

I was happy to have a diagnosis...and honestly...they can do any test they want if it might helpl me...I have insurance...and the worst for me was not knowing what was wrong but knowing something terribly wrong was gonig on....the only bad part was not being able to take my toprol for a couple of days before the test..

Keep us postedd... :P

Erika

Heee.. I keep getting turned down for a TTT when they try to do a repeat. My last one was over a decade ago. They won't do it because even the poor man's TTT is soo goofy, and the nurse inevitably calls the doc in charge who says.. Nope.. Not gonna risk having to code you for a repeat test. They say everything else is so diagnostically dead on they will skip the T3. ;0) There is some other CT scan with induced heart rate increases that they refuse to do too after my resting rates were so high. I do remember getting sick as heck when I had the T3 many years ago. uuuuggggghh