Adrenal Pain?

kayjay

Do any of you get pain in your back in your adrenal/kidney area? I have this often. Nothing shows up on scans. The pain is worse after I have and episode. Today I made the mistake of going to the supermarket. Thankfully I was with my mother and children or I would still be sitting on the floor in front of the deli counter!!! To whoever answered this post for me before thank you and forgive me for looking for others that feel this way.

I don't know if I answered your previous post or not. What you may be experiencing is kidney pain. I don't know if you have the urinary frequency issues that many of us have, but a sudden swelling/shrinking of the kidneys will cause pain in that area. Many of us have renin/aldosterone levels that are wonky and if your orthostatic stress causes a sudden activation or deactivation and your kidneys suddenly do anything (either retain or expel water) you will feel it! I have an aching soreness in that area when my dDAVP (urine concentrating hormone) quits and I start to "go" more frequently. If you are severely vasoreactive to stress (I am) you could be literally shutting off the blood supply to your kidneys or suddenly opening those arteries up (depending on your response.) Nothing has shown up on my scans, but it has in my bloodwork. I hope to get to see a nephrologist in the near future (long story for another post :) )

Do you have urination issues like many of us? Does it tag along with your episodes?

lower back pain was one of my first symptoms. i had it constant for about a month, i thought it was a posture thing as i was spending alot of time on my computer that was set up on the coffee table.

just as the back pain resolved the dysautonomia set in. the back pain still flares every now and then especially if i have been standing up for a few minutes, but its not as bad as the start.

Firewatcher, Thanks for the info. I do have bladder issues (frequency) but I don't notice the pain related to that. Maybe it is my kidneys. I thought it was my adrenal glands because of the surges that i get. Thanks

Ana I wonder if your back pain is the same.... Would you call it flank pain? Mine is worse on the right side and tends to go along with feeling queasy. Thanks