Weird Red Veins In Arms That Show Up Sometimes - Help!

On occasion, usually when stressed or having allergy flare-ups, but it can just be on its own or in the AM, I get these weird red veins that show up all over my upper arm (and a bit on the lower).

I should try to take a photo (hard angle to do on my own with a Flash), but it kinda looks like this but not as severe: http://www.veinsveinsveins.com/app/webroot...angiectasia.jpg

The thing is, I don't think it is thread veins because they go away! They don't hurt, they are just ugly and embarrassing and weird. It's like someone drew on my arm with all this red ink. A crossed vein motif!

My arm is fine now, so they do go completely away.

Anyone have any ideas on this bizarre symptom?

:)

Hi,

I don't know... Not sure I have ever gotten anything quite like that?... Wondering if it could be something like livedo reticularis? Or all the blood pooling in those veins due to a position or something that you are in? Not sure... Med related, possibly? I don't think it sounds like something to be worried about, but if it persists and is bothersome, talk to your dr. about it.

Good luck!

:)

I just found this!

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/474871

It may be a dermatologic clue to a serious medical underlying illness as lupus erythematosus. Disturbances of hormonal and autonomic regulatory mechanisms may also contribute to this condition. It seems to occur more in women than in men and usually in the 3rd decade of life.

WHAT! I'd never heard of this, I seem to have it off and on in arms/legs.

Yuck. :)