Kntting/crocheting For A Good Cause

When I saw the post about a quilt, something else came to mind:

Anyone for doing knitting squares (same dimension each square but you can vary the design). I would put them together and we can donate the quilt to perhaps the Children's Inn at the National Institutess of Health.

The Children's Inn seeks very small gifts or crafts that they can put in each child's cubby everyday. The Inn told me that the children look forward to getting their surprise at the end of the day after they finish treatment. The parents say that's what helps the child get through a not so nice day.

Any ideas? Doing something small may help make us feel productive and good about helping someone else!

Lois

Lois,

I used to be a big quilter and just can't anymore, breaks my heart. Crochet kills my shoulder, but I am teaching myself to knit (with the guide of a dvd) and practice all the time. It doesn't seem to bother my shoulder as much. I would love to do it, if i could get more info. I'd love to quilt too, if it doesn't involve bending over the machine. morgan