Back Pain And Patch

Last Sunday I was going up 3 steps to take my Westie out for her to do her business. I haven't been feeling well these past few weeks--getting over a bad cold. As many of us have experienced, even a minor cold can have nasty repercussions on POTS.

On my way up the steps, I got dizzy and lightheaded; next thing I knew I landed on my back- triple ouch. Decided not to go to emergency room since I could still walk. Opted instead to go to my physiatrist ( MD who specialized in getting people back to functioning through modalities other than surgery).

This doctor said I probably injured by facet joints and there was not much to do other than to treat the pain and inflammation and let mother nature take its course. Besides pain medication and anti-inflammatories, he gave me a few samples along with a prescription for a Lidoderm patch. I felt so much better in just a short period after applying it.

My back still bothers me but at least I can semi-function. This comes at a particularly bad time since we will be moving to Florida on June 26 and still have lots to pack and give away.

Have any of you tried these patches? A miracle of relief!

Lois