Increased Mestinon Does To 180mg - Timespan - Now Bad Side Effects

I increased my Mestinon to a timespan version (180mg) today. I took it about 2 hours ago. I was taking 60mg twice a day (about 6-8 hours in between doses). That was 'ok' - I don't know if it was helping, really, but not doing anything bad.

The timespan dose was just too much. I'm a lot weaker than normal, very 'tingly', some stomach/bowel issues, and I think it's affecting my asthma a bit because breathing is a little more difficult. I CAN take a deep breath now, so I'm relieved that didn't get worse. I went and read all the side effects and these are all common on Mestinon, especially a too high of a dose.

I'm so annoyed and just waiting to get it out of my system - I read the timespan releases 60mg then 120mg over the next several hours but it is apparently not that 'reliable' for releasing. Nice! I have a call into my doctor (he's in another state now).

I understand if it was life-threatening to go to the ER, but I think this is more of a severe annoyance and nuisance. The side effects are NO FUN.

Does anyone know how long an 180mg timespan takes to get out of the system? I assume what's released starts getting out, then more is released, and I'm hoping there is a point when it's just like the normal 60mg I'm used to and these side effects will subside.

How can a dosage of something cause so much havoc? My day is pretty much ruined as I don't want to do anything to exacerbate the frightening side effects (breathing issues).

So frustrated!

Hey guys. Doctor called. He said not to take it any longer (this does was just too much)...and the side effects will wear off as the medicine gets out of my system.

I've forced myself to eat, too, even though with the stomach issues and tingling (even the mouth/tongue is kind of tingly at this point, ugh. Tingling tongue is awful feeling) it's difficult! I'd rather not have this much tingling again. It seems to move from body part to body part. :D

Now I'm just waiting for this to be out of my system completely tonight. Argh!