Update On Vanderbilt Outpatient Visit

I just wanted to give you an update on my visit to the outpatient clinic at Vanderbilt last week. I had the autonomic function testing (valsalva, deep breathing, cold pressor, orthostatic vitals) and of course the dr. visit. My main problems are tachycardia and syncope, along with lightheadedness and low bp. I saw the new dr. in the clinic, Dr. Cherdak. She is a neurologist. She also did a complete neuro evaluation. All the autonomic tests were normal except the cold pressor test, and I had some balance issues and loss of vibration sensation in my lower extremities on the neuro exam. She tested my B12 levels, and they came back low, so I am on B12 injections and she has me on 1 gram salt tablets 3 times a day and water for volume loading to help the bp. She also lowered my does of Toprol to 25mgs a day. She said it was some type of dysautonomia, but didn't classify what type because it didn't really "fit" in with anything. I also have inappropriate sinus tachycardia. I see her again in a month to see how the salt is working, to see if we need to add any additional meds.

Anyway, just wanted to update you on the appointment. I hope that the B12 injections, salt, and lowering the toprol help.

Donna