Remembered Abdominal Compression Helps

mkoven

I'm having my premenstrual ans struggles, but worse than usual. I don't usually do abdominal compression, as it's not very comfortable, but I was feeling so lightheaded, achey, blurred vision, short of breath, I went for it. I pulled out an abdominal binder and put in on as tight as possible, and pretty quickly, I started to feel almost normal. My doc had told me that some of the menstrual stuff is literally because the uterus is stealing from circulation and more blood is pooling there. So I guess I really am a leg and abdominal pooler.

It's yucky being so wrapped up when the weather is warm, but it beats feeling like I can't get enough blood above the waist!

I'm having my premenstrual ans struggles, but worse than usual. I don't usually do abdominal compression, as it's not very comfortable, but I was feeling so lightheaded, achey, blurred vision, short of breath, I went for it. I pulled out an abdominal binder and put in on as tight as possible, and pretty quickly, I started to feel almost normal. My doc had told me that some of the menstrual stuff is literally because the uterus is stealing from circulation and more blood is pooling there. So I guess I really am a leg and abdominal pooler.

It's yucky being so wrapped up when the weather is warm, but it beats feeling like I can't get enough blood above the waist!

Great! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind telling where you got yours and what brand? How do they "close" around your middle? Is it velcro, hooks or what? Thanks in advance.

:angry: Interesting wonder if mine is still hanging around from when I hurt my back years ago. I always feel better in tight things. stretch jeans, speedo leggings, long sleeve shirts, and bathing suits under clothes (lyric spandex). Maybe that's why I was able to teach water aerobics for as long as I did, as I wore all of the above in the pool. (Minus the jeans) :angry:

it's actually a back brace that closes with velcro--no metal stays, just very firm , a little stretchy. I have it on as tight as it will go around my lower abdomen, with stockings on underneath. definitely helps.

lol! thats funny, I think that's what I have. I'm too tied to climb over the stairs after taking my night meds, as I turn into a weeble soon. Oh please, oh please, I hope I did not throw 2 of them away. :angry: