I Wasn't Crazy!

Whew, I knew something was wrong AND it coincided with me starting Rozerem in August 2007:

I had just reached the theraputic dosage (6 weeks) and suddenly I became extremely depressed and started behaving oddly and having hallucinations, well gee whiz if THAT isn't a newly noted, listed side effect of the drug! :lol: And they went away when I stopped it...go figure! :blink:

It sent me into the worst POTS hole I've been in my life, I am just now getting back to what I used to think was normal.

:POne explanation down! :D

That one scared and worried me until I just read about it five minutes ago. Little things they don't know about these new drugs... :o

Actually, I'm alternately relieved and PO'd at finding this out. I'm glad it is now a documented side effect and that the "whole event" with the hallucinations is explained, but man I'm furious at my former physician. If it had not been for those horrible events I would still be undiagnosed as having POTS (which I am sure that I've always suffered with) but the lack of recognition that there was something drastically wrong and the disbelief on his part is still infuriating.

I don't know if I should send him the new side effects sheet, saying "see, SEE!!! I was not just looking for attention!!!!!" Or let it go and thank GOD and all the angels that nothing horrible happened.

Now, I don't know if I should go back and try to shift my circadian rhythm again or if I'll just crash again.

That's terrible! :blink: that med put me asleep for 1 hour :angry: and all the other newbies out there on the market.

Take them still don't sleep, and have a hang over in the morning feeling. Yuck! so i just don't take any now.

had sleep study, and they ran in and caught me just as i was about to fall out of the bed.

Dr tells me, "do you know that you cry in your sleep and talk?" :unsure: "who me really?"

"And it's hard to keep you fibro People in bed all night you say?"

I want to have a new sleep study as it's been several years now. They moved it out if the hospital

to a fancy smacy section of town. no I read some where that the c-pap machine helps the brains with Pots, as we lose brain cells dropping so low at night.

Anyone know anything about this. WISH I COULD FIND THE ARTICLE, as I was wishing it would clear my brain fog.

ALSO, HELPS to prevent memory loss ;)

THANKS IN ADVANCE, if anyone can point me towards it.

:) BRIGHT EYED AND BUSHY TAILED in BOSTON! :rolleyes:

Doesnt it feel like a weight is off your shoulders when you find out that there is a "medical" explanation for the weird symptoms that you've been having?

I'm glad you are now getting back to normal.

Oh yeah, and in terms of going back to the doctor - normally I'd more likely be inclined to just let it go, but in this case, if your doctor had no idea that it was/is a side effect it might be a good idea to inform them just incase it happens to someone else.

Sorry for what you went through and glad you figured it out. I had heard that sleep medications commonly cause depression...even natural ones like melatonin which is why they are often not recommended long term. I know how scary the halucinations must have been too. I go through spells where I hallucinate before just falling asleep and when I wake up....often accompanied by sleep paralysis. My doc thought I had narcolepsy for a while since these are common symptoms of it but I think I was just really sleep deprived and my brain was rebelling! I would hear or see an intruder in the house or standing over me in bed.....once I saw a race car crash through my bedroom wall as I was falling asleep. Weird but thankfully they only happened at night and never when I was up during the day.

I had heard that sleep medications commonly cause depression...even natural ones like melatonin

I

I was told melatonin can bring out an autoimmune disease an I didn't need that one more thing wrong with me soooo I have 2 bottles sitting around here wasting away, as I used to use that in the beginning.

Whew, I knew something was wrong AND it coincided with me starting Rozerem in August 2007:

I had just reached the theraputic dosage (6 weeks) and suddenly I became extremely depressed and started behaving oddly and having hallucinations, well gee whiz if THAT isn't a newly noted, listed side effect of the drug! :unsure: And they went away when I stopped it...go figure! :rolleyes:

It sent me into the worst POTS hole I've been in my life, I am just now getting back to what I used to think was normal.

:angry:One explanation down! :blink:

That one scared and worried me until I just read about it five minutes ago. Little things they don't know about these new drugs... :)

Jenn, Glad that you figured out the problem. Sorry you had to go through all of that. Wow. Glad you are feeling better now. Side effects of meds stink. And I always get the obscure ones!

Hang in there!

Rene