Question About Beta Blockers

Hi.

I am preparing for my Vanderbilt outpatient appointment, and I am weaning off my toprol xl so I will be off of it for my tests and appointment. I have noticed that as my dose has come down (I was on 50mg a day - 25 in the am and pm) I feel SO much better - less fatigue, more energy, more like myself. My cardio has me taking the Toprol to control my heartrate - without it, it runs high at baseline, and I also have espisodes of high heartrate associated with syncope/presyncope. On the toprol, I do not have any syncope, but I feel really bad/off of it, racing heart and syncope. So.....I do not think this is POTS, as it is not necessarily related to posture, but is most like inappropriate sinus tach. - at least that is what my cardio says.

Anyway. I'm wondering if those of you on florinef and/or midorine find that those meds work for you to counteract the side effects of the beta blockers? Bascially, I need to be able to have my heart rate controlled, without the horrible side effects of bb. I'm really thinking it's because of my bp going too low on the toprol. I've been on both toprol and inderal, and they have both been the same.

Any input?

Thanks!

As terrible as "experimenting" is, you could ask to try a third beta blocker. Or, if you think your heartrate is going too low, ask if you should be on a lower dose. I am on florinef and midodrine, but am actually increasing my bb dose right now. As far as balancing the side effects, I'm really not sure.

Meg