hurrican jeanne

DancingLight

i know it is off-topic, but i can't help worrying about all of the people in the"hurricane zone"!!

are you all okay???? did you get much damage??

i meant to post this sooner! it is hard to keep up with everything on this site! :blink:

anyway, i hope you are all okay...and let's hope that this is the end of this craziness with hurricanes.

later alligators!

emily

oh man, is the brain fog pathetic, i spelled hurricane wrong in the topic heading?! :) and i can't fix it! shoot.

Thank you for asking. We had power restored yesterday which was a beautiful thing. Little damage, alot of wind, minor flooding, but the no power for a day and half was awful in this heat. Thank you Power company workers, We Love you in Florida! We were very fortunate.....again. Third one, that's good odds. :)

We got hit by the remnants yesterday--and we still have many road closures from flooding and mud. We were really fortunate that we only had minor water coming into the basement and our sump pump worked through the night like a champ. Sadly, others in our area got really swamped. We even had 2 tornadoes yesterday, one of which hit a block from my old office. Glad I don't work there anymore!!!!

Hope everyone else is safe and sound.

we live in PA and like you nina, we had a lot of flooding. our basement flooded (which is where my mom has her bedroom and den!) but it wasn't terrible, just a big stress to move everything and suck up all of the water.

still, so many people here got so much flooding and damage....and we are in PA...

that is what gives me pause in the whole thing...that we had a flooded basement...that was nothing compared to floridians and others down south. and worst, those in haiti...as if the suffering in that country was not enough already...

sorry....it puts things in to perspective.

emily