Tummy Pain?

Hi!

I know you are looking for a response, but I am not really sure what your question is??? You might find that you get more responses if you clearly state your question, and then describe what it is that you are talking about. Like what kind of pain and where? Are you bloated all the time? Does something trigger it? Is it blood pooling? If I remember right you are male??? So, not female related bloating???

It is hard to figure out what you are talking about with so few words, and I wasn't even sure what you meant by "these"???

If bloating is a problem you could also use the search tool at the bottom of the page to look up old posts.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but I am not sure what you are asking???

:blink:

if it's actual GI bloating/ fullness with GI pain/ discomfort then it's not necessarily the pooling that others mentioned as that would more likely give you more systemic symptoms, i.e. make your overall symptoms worse. i obviously can't say for sure that you don't have that as a part of what's going on but it's not likely the "whole story". what you describe is actually a bit more characteristic of delayed stomach emptying, known more officially as "gastroparesis". it's very common in diabetics and also in folks with dysautonomia but can happen in anyone. you can search the term here on the forum &/or on the web in general. in short though it means that your stomach may not empty quite as quickly as "normal". to begin with DON"T WORRY!!! that won't help & can only cause more trouble unnecessarily:-)

the first line treatment for gastroparesis - and something that won't hurt you if that's not what you're dealing with - is to eat smaller more frequent meals. in other words don't try to eat less overall but simply spread it out differently, i.e. 5 smaller meals rather than 3 regular/ larger-sized meals. you could certainly try that for a few days & see if it seems to help at all with no chance of any harm. after &/or in combination with that the other "dietary intervention" for gastroparesis is to limit fiber - especially insoluble fiber - as well as fat. if you do give this a try certainly don't do anything extreme without consulting a physician; that said it shouldn't be problematic to try to cut back on your fiber &/or fat content a bit. for instance you could eat cooked veggies rather than raw.

before doing anything major w/ your diet it's of course best to check in with your doctor though.

officially-speaking - if you read a bit about gastroparesis & think that it sounds like what you might be dealing with - the test for diagnosis is known as a "gastric emptying test", aka "GES". it's non-invasive & involves eating a relatively small portion of food (often scrambled eggs, though can be something else) which has a small amount of a radioactive tracer in it; via x-ray monitoring "pictures" then show how quickly (or slowly) the food moves (or doesn't move) through your stomach/ GI tract in comparison with the physiological "norm".

as a bit of a sidenote, if you happen to search gastroparesis do NOT let yourself get scared by extreme/ severe "horror stories", i.e. people on tube feeding, IV nutrition, etc. while there are people who need such things it is the exception rather than the rule. so no need to get overly worried without cause; the majority of folks with gastroparesis find a good measure of relief via changes in diet/ lifestyle &/or medications.

hope this helps,

B) melissa