The Bladder & Anxiety

jjb

At one point I had came across info on how a full bladder can trigger unusual feelings of anxiety (the flight/fight response I think) and once the bladder is emptied, the anxiety goes away.

I can't find the info on this, would anyone happen to know of any?

Thanks,

Jen

In my case it's not anxiety that gives me full bladder ANS symptoms. Dr. Grubb edited a book YEARS ago that mentions defecation syncope and maybe micturition syncope (fainting upon urination) Many do not faint but get VERY symptomatic if we can't go to the bathroom when we have the urge.

This has been discussed before but I don't have any bookmarks on it. but anything that is autonomically connected (as so much of the body is) can cause O.I. symptoms...bright lights, darkness, loud noise...stretching of rectum of bladder.

In the NDRF Conference tapes, Dr. Grubb even mentions this (the stretching of the rectum causing symptoms as it fills with waste)

In my case it's not anxiety that gives me full bladder ANS symptoms. Dr. Grubb edited a book YEARS ago that mentions defecation syncope and maybe micturition syncope (fainting upon urination) Many do not faint but get VERY symptomatic if we can't go to the bathroom when we have the urge.

This has been discussed before but I don't have any bookmarks on it. but anything that is autonomically connected (as so much of the body is) can cause O.I. symptoms...bright lights, darkness, loud noise...stretching of rectum of bladder.

In the NDRF Conference tapes, Dr. Grubb even mentions this (the stretching of the rectum causing symptoms as it fills with waste)

Thanks for your reply.

Are the NDRF tapes available?