Flying Uk To Harvard- Can Folk With Pots Do Long Flights?

The flight caused symptoms similar to altitude sickness for me. I NEED to recline, or else, and I don't mean just a slight recline, but an all out recline. It was difficult having the altitude sickness headache. Hopefully, I'll get a first class seat back or, at minimum, the bulkhead seat.

• 4 weeks later...

Well folks, I've done it- booked my flights. Scared and excited! British Airways were CRAP. I explained about needing to recline and they were like, "Well, try a short haul fliht next week and see if it hurts you unbearably or not...."

BUT then I spoke to Virgin Atlantic. The lady I spoke to had SVT! She knew exactly what I was talking about. Long story short: I paid an extra $200 to go for Premium Economy which reclines by 8" and has a footrest. They are also givingg me supplemental oxygen, wheelchair from check in to the plane and also arrivals at Boston. They are even using a Burnett body support for me- it moulds itself to the shape of your figure.

http://www.rbfhealthcare.co.uk/bodsup.htm

Obviously I haven't flown yet- that won't be til next month, but seriously, from the customer care I received today- anyone out there looking for a longhaul flight with POTS, try Virgin Atlantic and tell BA to get knotted!

Wish me luck!

Persephone,

Try not to worry. You'll be fine! I'm glad Virgin Atlantic was accomodating. You can read my post on my successful flight across the US to the UK and back. I DID manage to get ENVOY class (upgrade seating) on the way back and it made a tremendous difference.

I will be going on another airplane ride across the US this coming Friday. My prior success was a motivator. I have requested the somewhat upgraded seats (forgot the terminology that United uses) that recline more and the bulkhead. I will have a doctor's note with me.

You'll do fine. Have a great time!