Stomach Bug W/ Fever-how To Stay Hydrated?

mkoven

I've caught some stomach thing with nausea and diarrhea and fever. I feel pretty lousy and am having a really hard time drinking without triggering nausea and diarrhea. I know dehydration is to be avoided. I've tried just sipping a beverage with electrolytes. but even that is a challenge. Any ideas? I don't think it's too bad yet, but only if this clears soon. (Sorry if tmi, but my urine is pretty dark now.)

Sorry to hear you're feeling puny. Ginger root or peppermint tea, Sprite, Ginger Ale and emetrol are good for nausea. To make ginger tea, you cook a small amount of raw ginger in water for 5 minutes and then drain it. A few bites of a salty cracker can help too ..

There are suppositories that are good for nausea too but I think you need a prescription.

Hope you feel better soon ... Marcia

PS. If the diarhea gets too bad, it won't hurt to take Imodium to stop it. I'd start with 1/2 tab and take it from there ... you want to get the virus out of you but not at the risk of getting dehydrated.