Take Toprol And Wait....

Hi.

I apolgize ahead of time if this is a no brainer and I am missing it. But I am sooo sick. So weak, feel like I have been run over a bus and am really loosing my life as I have known it. Having said that, I have now seen two EP's and they said I have POTS due to/following a viral infection and I need to just take the toprol and wait for it to get better. I do feel better on the toprol but I can't really function well. Got a few goood hours i the morning and fall aprat like a mens warehouse suit about 1:00 pm. If I rest I can go again...you know the drill They did a TTT for the diagonisis and I wore a holter monitor for 24 hours. Should someone be looking into more here? Labs????

Thanks!!!! :blink:

Erika

Have they run basic bloodwork for you? Just to make sure that things like your thyroid are normal?

If the toprol doesn't help much, you may be able to add other medications like florinef or midodrine. Salt and fluids help. Compression hose helps me to sit and stand longer. Exercise is helpful for maintaining/building muscle.

POTS is more than just tachycardia. It can make you very tired. Fatigue is one of my worst symptoms. I've learned how to pace myself so that I can make it through the day. In time you'll learn the little signals you body gives you that tells you it is time to slow down. Sometimes I press the limits, I just know that I will have to have time to crash later and get the rest I need.

Check out the main DINET website. There is lots of information there about symptoms and treatments.

Rachel

Thank you!

Yes, they did all the basic blood work. Thyroid is fine. Someone amenic and iron defiency...but I am thinking that I was running around wiht a hr of 180+

for about 6 months before anyone really figured it out so I think that may have messed me up. I lost a lot of weight and wasn't able to eat. We all just missed the hr because they would always take it when I was sitting and then it was around 100. I didn't feel the hr I just felt like I couldn't breathe....

I have Guillain Barre in 2001. I never in a illioin year thought I would have to be sick again especially with something my neurologist seems so lost about. I just was wondering if there are special tests to deterime they cause (on the dinet.org causes page). I was thinking/hoping if they can find the casue then they can fix it??????????????????????

You all seem so knowledgeable....I will read more on the info pages.

Thanks again.

Erika