Please Help Me Help

Hi Everyone,

I have a friend who's been diag'd w/this as well, she also has other health issues and had to quit working in December. I am married so at least my husband can keep our financial issues in order. My friend lives alone, and is waiting on disability, and alot of the charitable organizations out there are maxed out due to the economy, and also won't consider help for her when they find out that she "quit" her job.

I was wondering if anyone knows of other support out there, or has ideas about how we can help her out, I'm not really in the financial position to do it myself, but sure would like to find her some relief. Thanks for your input .

Peace

Tommy

Tommy, if she has NO income, SSDI has programs to help till you hear. It's a sucky amount, but better than nothing, has she checked into that? Also, she should at least qualify for Medicaid. Food stamps. My son is on a program called GAU through our states DSHS program. It supplies food stamps, 336 dollars a month and Medicaid. The amounts are different for each state, but all he had to do was verify he was appealing for SSDI.

Have her call her local DSHS office and make an appointment. Good luck! morgan