Sleepless In Plymouth

willows

Hello all , well its been sometime since I've been on here and below is the reason why , what a time for us all :(

Mike had a HUGE pots attack , he woke up and felt 'strange ' you know that feeling when you know somethings not right but dont know what it is .............he got up to come and knock on our bedroom door and as he did he went very dizzy and was sick , in a waste bin luckily !

Having got up to sort him out I discovered he was running a slight temperature and his blood pressure was quite low , so having given him some paracetamol to keep his temperature down and a large bucket for beside his bed I thought all will be well in the morning ....................not so .

By morning Mike was looking pale and sweating rather a lot so naturally I thought he had a bug ...........nope!

By lunchtime it was clear that he was very unwell , all he kept wanting to do was sleep and he kept saying his joints hurt .....................now that rang a big bell with me . I kept taking his temperature and although it wasn't very high it was not normal at all.

By 6 pm that night Mike was looking very yellow and although he'd been drinking a lot his excessive tiredness and pain was starting to get the better of him , he got up to go to the loo and staggered about like a drunken man wanting to be sick again . Sat him down and all was well .Got him up and he was dizzy , staggered about and tired to be sick .............alarm bells rang in me .............so I called the local Doc and asked her to come out to see him , she asked to take 2 blood pressure readings first one standing up and one laying down .

The first was mike laying down which was 120 /50 and he was fine .............then I stood him with his back legs against the bed ( just in case) and his blood pressure was 60/40 and his heart beat was rising to 160 beats !!!!!! he then collapsed on the bed and sicked violently over himself , in the bucket and back onto his hair ................yuck 1111

The Doc didnt even bother coming out but an ambulance came instead and Mike went into Critical care for three days as his heart beat when laying down went below 40 and his oxygen levels went to 85% and below which caused all the alarms to go of on his machinery !!!!!

I can tell you I was so scared having seen Mike like this , but then .................Mark and Mike see me exactly in the same way when I have a bad attack , something I had never thought of before until Mark pointed this out to me when Mike came home .

He's now back on his feet and almost well.He went in 2 weeks ago to have his wisdom tooth out and his face was so swollen and battered and bruised he couldnt speak, eat or sleep for about 5 days , which meant he lost quite a large amount of weight .He's been looking after his stitches ( 12 of them all at the back of the jaw and along the gum line ) but even with this he has now surcome to an infection , but that was just 3 days after the right side of my face swelled up with an infection ..............for no reason at all ..................so we looked like we had both been in a fight with identical swollen faces on the right hand side , blimey talk about like mother like son !!!!!!

I've just gotten over another huge pots attack , my second since the end of Jan 2009 and I've now lost in the region of a stone and a half, but need to loose another of the same amount to feel 100% me again.

In 11 days time ( 14th March 2009) it will be Mikes 18th birthday and we are all so looking forward to the days events .

I've managed to buy myself a small digital camcorder so that I can keep all of the party on record, at this time we have had 25 replies out of 30 and are still awaiting the last to come in .

I've bought at least 5 metres of gold coloured netting to cover the long table in the restaurant with then I'm adding gold napkins to each place setting along with a special pair of black and gold chopsticks tied with ribbon ( for the guests to keep) I've made gold and black place settings and the table will also have 4 large shiny 18th birthday decorations on and some of that shiny birthday confetti all over , so with any luck it should look very good for when Mike arrives with everyone.

We managed to get Mike another super crash helmet ( black with a gold dragon on it ) also our family crest framed , a cystal mug with his details on and a huge yellow rubber duck !!!!! Mike loves ducks of all things ( strange lad) so I found one of those you have in your bath as a kid , but this one is the size of a large cat .

Mark is still unable to drive .............except me up the wall that is :angry: his night time air machine is driving me mad with its noises , which he sleep straight threw , yes, I've tried ear plugs but they keep shooting out of my ears and I find them all over the bed room floor , so other than sellotaping them in I have to put up with a gale force 10 hurricane every night in the bed room :angry:

Well , other than this ................Oh yes, Mikes college had to make him a special disabled parking space by the back door of the college after Mikes solicitor , who himself is disabled actually went into the college in person to sort out why they where discriminating towards a disabled student !!!!!!!

But guess what ?????

Tow days after the college reopened mike and I went to see this new space for him and three normal bikers had parked all over it ignoring the fact that it was for Disabled bike owners with a college permit only ( mike has been issued with a college parking permit as well now ) , so how embarrassed are the college now .................................VERY :lol::lol::lol:

The out come of this is that anyone now parking in the bay will be given a warning , then a fine then not allowed to park on college premises at all ................oh , yes and pigs will fly is all I can say :rolleyes:

So, quite an eventful month or so in all , what with at least 10-12 trips to the hospital for Mark, Mike and myself and poor old Mikes 999 to critical care , never mind soon be christmas .

Hope you are all well and not having to bad a start to 2009 , drop me a line at home if you want a natter as I can sometimes pick up my emails on Mikes lap-top ( my own is just for my writing ) as I cannot always get down the stairs when I'm ill to get to mother here ( main big computer in study )

Bye for now and I will be posting some 18th birthday photos of all the family .....even Mark and I as soon as the birthday party's over and I'm still upright .................

Willows............slimmer but still as insane as ever .xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ami, you really need to stop drinking polyjuice potion with Mike's hair in it! (Sorry everyone else, it's a Harry Potter thing :( ) How is your squeaky jaw? Did they ever "fix" it? Where are you on the schedule for that? How is Gilbert? Did your painting sell? Are you trying to set up Hogwarts Charity Castle to match the new movie premier?

Accio Healing!

Jennifer

boy, :huh: this seems cryptic! :D