Lab Test Results, Lyme And Thyroid

Darlene

I had a nuerology appointment about a month ago, she wrote me a slip for some lad work. I called yesterday to see how my labs turned out. She said the lyme titer came back positive, so then it was sent out again for a different test, I can't remember what she said, and it came back negative. She said someone, not sure who said I don't have lyme disease o this other test would have came back negative. Just if anyone has had this happen. And my thyroid is low. She is having an appointment made for me with an endocrinologist.

I had an appointment with my family Dr. Yesterday, I told him how I feel weird sometimes, my heart races, and I don't feel right, I take my blood sugar when this happens, and it's in the 60's, he said what you have is hypoglycemia, and to eat protein, didn't want to do a oral glucose. I asked if their was medicine for it , and they said no.

Yes, and if you have unmanaged thyroid problems, it can seriously mess with your blood sugar (as I recently found out). Even if they don't have any medicine to help with the hypoglycemia, if you can have your thyroid properly cared for, you may find it might help some with your hypoglycemia, and make it less extreme.

Def. talk about both issues with an endo! hopefully you'll finally get some help for this.